Old 17-02-2007, 01:14 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Fragipani cuttings

"HC" wrote in message
G'day again

One thought that I had last night re Frangi trees growing in a large
pot.......how large is the root system? and how invasive? I realise that
I'll have to repot every few years but wondering if the root system would
crack a glazed pot, for instance.

Thinking of putting the red one I bought on eBay in a large glazed pot.
Bronwyn ;-)

i had two in a big plastic pot, & they were fine. i found the root system
was appropriately small. however, in a pot i don't think the tree would
ultimately grow really large as they would in a garden. they're very pretty,
small in a pot, though! any tree in a pot you need to keep an eye on.
kylie

Old 17-02-2007, 01:25 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Thanks Kylie, somehow I didn't think they were too invasive but decided
to check and make sure. The added benefit of having one in a pot is
that it can be moved near a window or door when in bloom.....better than
having cut flowers in a vase!! lol

Bronwyn ;-)

0tterbot wrote:

"HC" wrote in message

G'day again

One thought that I had last night re Frangi trees growing in a large
pot.......how large is the root system? and how invasive? I realise that
I'll have to repot every few years but wondering if the root system would
crack a glazed pot, for instance.

Thinking of putting the red one I bought on eBay in a large glazed pot.
Bronwyn ;-)

i had two in a big plastic pot, & they were fine. i found the root system
was appropriately small. however, in a pot i don't think the tree would
ultimately grow really large as they would in a garden. they're very pretty,
small in a pot, though! any tree in a pot you need to keep an eye on.
kylie

Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
[IBC] Suckers as cuttings Neal Ross Bonsai 2 13-02-2003 02:55 AM
succulent cuttings Iris Cohen Gardening 1 10-02-2003 09:25 AM
cactus cuttings flavrcntry Gardening 2 09-02-2003 03:36 PM
Cuttings, and trading roses Suzanne in CA Roses 3 09-02-2003 08:01 AM