Old 17-02-2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default constant algae - I'm not Roy

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
cat daddy wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message

It's not your fault, Gill. That's been one of Carol's classic
annoyances and classic hoofprints; putting quote characters in

front
of her own words and leaving the words she's quoting blank.

Actually since making my apologetic post I've read it over and
over....and I know that I responded to the correct question.....but

then
that is the whole thing over and over.....to be quite honest I just

want
to get back to normality and am very tired about this.....

Do you know....having only lurked on rec.ponds for 2 - 3 years I

never
realised that you were a hobbyist having seen you trashed so many
times.....I am extremely happy to know that you have a vested

interest
in all of this rather than being a trolling hanger on (which I had

been
led to believe) - I kind of got that when you posted on ngp in

support
of rpm....but haven't had the opportunity to say it before....

Thanks. I discovered rec.ponds about 8 years ago, after abandoning
a group under almost identical circumstances. It was a great group of
friends that suffered an individual desiring to ascend some imaginary
throne of respectability. Same MO after having to be constantly
corrected by the regulars, with nym-shifting, crossposting, and
flooding it with bad advice.
It was a joy to find great people and live a little vicariously
through their beautiful creations. I had a friend from the old group
who posted here back then and had amazing water gardens and ponds. I
built a pond for my mom (she was from Beckenham, in Bromley, btw) back
in the 80's. I kept it up and improved it, but it was well established
by the time I found this group, so I mostly lurked and left the advice
to the experts.
I mistakenly thought, as most reasonable people here, that the
problem with Carol might be solved through various means, but like the
guy in the old group, it just created more of a monster. It also left
an impression of me, to those such as yourself, that I regret.
And, like the other reply you received to your post here, the
twisting and deceipt continues. I appreciate your, Jan's, and Tynk's
efforts recently, for whatever that's worth.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and discussions with you on a
moderated group free of all of this cr*p - although very sad that it

has
come to this as being our only option

I'll enjoy that, as well....

Take care