Old 17-02-2007, 06:03 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default constant algae - I'm not Roy

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
cat daddy wrote:
"Gill Passman" wrote in message

It's not your fault, Gill. That's been one of Carol's classic
annoyances and classic hoofprints; putting quote characters in

front
of her own words and leaving the words she's quoting blank.

Actually since making my apologetic post I've read it over and
over....and I know that I responded to the correct question.....but

then
that is the whole thing over and over.....to be quite honest I just

want
to get back to normality and am very tired about this.....

Do you know....having only lurked on rec.ponds for 2 - 3 years I

never
realised that you were a hobbyist having seen you trashed so many
times.....I am extremely happy to know that you have a vested

interest
in all of this rather than being a trolling hanger on (which I had

been
led to believe) - I kind of got that when you posted on ngp in

support
of rpm....but haven't had the opportunity to say it before....

Thanks. I discovered rec.ponds about 8 years ago, after abandoning
a group under almost identical circumstances. It was a great group of
friends that suffered an individual desiring to ascend some imaginary
throne of respectability. Same MO after having to be constantly
corrected by the regulars, with nym-shifting, crossposting, and
flooding it with bad advice.
It was a joy to find great people and live a little vicariously
through their beautiful creations. I had a friend from the old group
who posted here back then and had amazing water gardens and ponds. I
built a pond for my mom (she was from Beckenham, in Bromley, btw) back
in the 80's. I kept it up and improved it, but it was well established
by the time I found this group, so I mostly lurked and left the advice
to the experts.
I mistakenly thought, as most reasonable people here, that the
problem with Carol might be solved through various means, but like the
guy in the old group, it just created more of a monster. It also left
an impression of me, to those such as yourself, that I regret.
And, like the other reply you received to your post here, the
twisting and deceipt continues. I appreciate your, Jan's, and Tynk's
efforts recently, for whatever that's worth.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and discussions with you on a
moderated group free of all of this cr*p - although very sad that it

has
come to this as being our only option

I'll enjoy that, as well....

Take care
Gill

Old 17-02-2007, 06:27 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:03:48 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

And, like the other reply you received to your post here, the
twisting and deceipt continues. I appreciate your, Jan's, and Tynk's
efforts recently, for whatever that's worth.

:-) It is nice to be appreciated. I really try not to push her buttons and
speak logically, but even this message will probably be construed as evilly
intended. ~ jan s
Old 17-02-2007, 10:14 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Was constant algae - now pond chat....

cat daddy wrote:

I built a pond for my mom (she was from Beckenham, in Bromley, btw) back
in the 80's. I kept it up and improved it, but it was well established
by the time I found this group, so I mostly lurked and left the advice
to the experts.

Don't know Bromley myself, but hubby went to Ravensbourne so knows it
very well. I tend to be a lurker myself, there always used to be good
information just to read as much as anything else. Some great people on
these groups as well - hopefully they will come back in droves to the
moderated group. I used to love reading the stories like the ones about
Gary's Koi (Walter) and other's musings - the gentle banter with nothing
being taken personally - oh well, hopefully those days can return.

What ponds do you have right now? I seem to be eternally in the planning
stage since draining my pond a few years ago when the little one was
toddling about and my fear of her drowning was greater than my desire to
keep the pond going.....it was pretty though and had started to mature
nicely so it was a great shame to see it go. It did also have a siting
issue - the garden has a lot of trees overhanging it - and keeping up
with the leaf clearance was quite a task....even with netting.

Gill
Old 17-02-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

cat daddy wrote:

I built a pond for my mom (she was from Beckenham, in Bromley, btw) back
in the 80's. I kept it up and improved it, but it was well established
by the time I found this group, so I mostly lurked and left the advice
to the experts.

Don't know Bromley myself, but hubby went to Ravensbourne so knows it
very well. I tend to be a lurker myself, there always used to be good
information just to read as much as anything else. Some great people on
these groups as well - hopefully they will come back in droves to the
moderated group. I used to love reading the stories like the ones about
Gary's Koi (Walter) and other's musings - the gentle banter with nothing
being taken personally - oh well, hopefully those days can return.

As do I. The best part about the group was people sharing their
innovations and creative solutions and inspiring the newbies and regulars
alike.

What ponds do you have right now? I seem to be eternally in the planning
stage since draining my pond a few years ago when the little one was
toddling about and my fear of her drowning was greater than my desire to
keep the pond going.....it was pretty though and had started to mature
nicely so it was a great shame to see it go. It did also have a siting
issue - the garden has a lot of trees overhanging it - and keeping up
with the leaf clearance was quite a task....even with netting.

Gill

Much the same here with the eternal planning. Up until recently, my
mother's pond (which is 50 miles away) required whatever attention I could
give, so that served to fill any ponding urges. I vacillate between making
the huge commitment build a pond complete as I've envisioned, or build in
stages, which as noted here repeatedly, would be less than satisfying once a
stage is complete.
Changing circumstances, both with my time (I volunteer to make
improvements at a local park) and available cash always delays that
commitment. I do have a hole in the backyard, where I excavate dirt needed
elsewhere, but I ultimately need to rent a machine to complete that work.
I also live on a lake, have a resident Great Blue Heron, other water
birds and raccoons, and a Labrador, so the design has to take into account
those issues. I do have a view of water, so there's no urgency to provide my
own. And, with drought and water woes here, my interest lately has been in
the ecological and biofiltration aspects of watergardening and how it might
incorporate water conservation.
Well, that's enough for now......

Old 17-02-2007, 06:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

And, like the other reply you received to your post here, the
twisting and deceipt continues. I appreciate your, Jan's, and Tynk's
efforts recently, for whatever that's worth.

:-) It is nice to be appreciated. I really try not to push her buttons

and
speak logically, but even this message will probably be construed as

evilly
intended. ~ jan s

Of course. Remaining civil and concise in the face of her tantrums
reveals the problem here and is needed periodically. I feel much empathy for
Roy and Tynk, when their frustration with the "sos" boils over and newbies
such as Jen misdirects the blame.

Old 17-02-2007, 07:04 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:51:13 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

Like Jan said, everyone participated in the downfall of this group. Had
everyone stood together it would never have gone this far.

You know, if you don't want to get jab, put down your own sticks. When I
said "you ALL" I meant 3 people, Carol, Jabbers & Roy. The last 2 having
been easy to ignore, they were always over the top, a killfilter took care
of them.

Carol over the years many of us have tried to befriend you, I've done it
over and over just to get burned. Just like the above, don't put words in
my mouth that I was talking about Cat Daddy... who I haven't seen here in
years. ~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 07:07 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:22:16 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

Of course. Remaining civil and concise in the face of her tantrums
reveals the problem here and is needed periodically. I feel much empathy for
Roy and Tynk, when their frustration with the "sos" boils over and newbies
such as Jen misdirects the blame.

So Jen is for real? Not a sock? ~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Of course. Remaining civil and concise in the face of her tantrums
reveals the problem here and is needed periodically. I feel much empathy

for
Roy and Tynk, when their frustration with the "sos" boils over and

newbies
such as Jen misdirects the blame.

So Jen is for real? Not a sock? ~ jan

As much as I can determine, her posts are legitimately from Australia.

Old 17-02-2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:14:30 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

So Jen is for real? Not a sock? ~ jan

As much as I can determine, her posts are legitimately from Australia.

She'll come around, if she sticks around.

The best way to beat a "so called" troll is to ignore a troll. And when new
to a group, never ever join in a fight when you don't know the players.
~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Of course. Remaining civil and concise in the face of her tantrums
reveals the problem here and is needed periodically. I feel much empathy
for
Roy and Tynk, when their frustration with the "sos" boils over and newbies
such as Jen misdirects the blame.

So Jen is for real? Not a sock? ~ jan

============
Jen, like Tara who came under fire in RAFM are not socks. That group is
another that will need moderation to survive.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 07:39 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:34:14 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

Jen, like Tara who came under fire in RAFM are not socks. That group is
another that will need moderation to survive.

Was this group having a problem before....? If not, logically speaking
seems the fix is obvious. ~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Like Jan said, everyone participated in the downfall of this group. Had
everyone stood together it would never have gone this far.

You know, if you don't want to get jab, put down your own sticks.

Did you not say that? That was a statement of fact. The whole downfall of
this group was carefully choreographed by ONE troll - ONE TROLL! He came
here, divided the group, found a partner, and just like he said it would
do - he destroyed the group. He had and still has all of you like puppets
on a string and he's the puppetmaster. He loves the power you all gave him.
Every criticism, every rude remark made here.... fed him, encouraged him and
he pulled your strings and you all danced to his tune. Some of you even
jumping on his "trolling" bandwagon as I said before. He's a master
manipulator and he's still doing it. He'll continue to do it until everyone
leaves here for the mod group. I know him for 11 years and have seen how he
operates.

When I
said "you ALL" I meant 3 people, Carol, Jabbers & Roy. The last 2 having
been easy to ignore, they were always over the top, a killfilter took care
of them.

I am not responsible for the abominable actions of others. There were
several others here Jan who joined right in on the party and you who who
they are.

Carol over the years many of us have tried to befriend you, I've done it
over and over just to get burned.

Jan, I don't ever recall emailing you or even sharing many threads with you
before the troll invasion so I don't understand the befriending/burning
thing. The only time you befriended me was to encourage me to try and hide
from the trolls, and join a Forum. I patiently explained to you that I
couldn't change my nym again because that's what they were waiting for so
they could complain to my NSP i.e netkkop me. They cost me one NSP and you
BOTH knew that. So changing my nym was out. And to come back as some other
person from some other place with some other ponds or fish was absurd! It
would take no more than 2 or 3 messages for trolls with a "mission" to know
exactly who was posting. When you were convinced I was not going to play
charades you dropped the "friendship" like a hot rock. Friends don't do
that to friends because friends wont do what you think they should do. I
didn't BURN you - you were suddenly gone. I would have lost another NSP,
they would have danced for joy and flooded the group in paroxysms of ecstasy
and nothing would have been accomplished. When you and Gill were convinced
I was not going to play that game you both vanished from my email box so to
speak. It appeared you were both suddenly going to try the "shunning"
technique. We all know that doesn't work. So suddenly, plan #3, everything
I posted came under scrutiny and everything was questioned and nit picked to
death. When it became annoying I wasn't supposed to DARE show I was
starting to feel harassed by this nit-picking. Who wouldn't feel harassedby
it? That was never done before here...so yes, I did indeed feel stabbed in
the back because this is yet another technique (nit-pick the person to
death) to force someone into compliance or silence them. Meanwhile the
trolls were having a field day pulling strings and watching all the
dancing.........

Just like the above, don't put words in
my mouth that I was talking about Cat Daddy... who I haven't seen here in
years. ~ jan

I didn't say you were talking about cat daddy, nor did I put words in your
mouth. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Cat daddy was smart enough to
leave me alone *here* for the most part, and "stick it to me" and troll me
in AFN, both feeding and encouraging the trolls who were fully aware of what
he was doing. I asked him to killfile me as I did Snooze, who started all
the nym-shifting-impersonations by telling them to use my myns. Both
refused to killfile me and the bandwagon took on a few more "pack
attackers".... the trolls pulled the strings, they enjoyed every minute of
it - and the puppets danced the group straight into oblivion.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.ponds

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Zëbulon" wrote in message

Like the bad advice I got on which foods to feed my koi and am now

suffering
losses? What may be bad advice in TN may be good advice in Florida or
Texas. Not one of you "accusers" have produced one person whose fish I
harmed with anything I've said here in the past 11 years. :-)

[REJECTION] = Repetitious Content. Further attempts to intrude on
conversations will result in summary deletion of all your posts, unread,
for
a period of one week.
Proving a negative is fallacious argument. Provide proof you've ever
helped anyone for re-instatement.

evasive side-stepping BS snipped
===================
Repetitious asking ONE time? Sorry but all you did was dance around the
question. What *BAD* advice did I give anyone? Since you have no answer you
post nonsense instead.

But I bet you'll continue to make the same baseless accusations over and
over and over........
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Jen, like Tara who came under fire in RAFM are not socks. That group is
another that will need moderation to survive.

Was this group having a problem before...

Not before Roy "Tristan" Hauer invaded there. When he refused to leave most
of the others fled to a private moderated group.

..? If not, logically speaking
seems the fix is obvious. ~ jan

Yep, get rid of Roy.........
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

So Jen is for real? Not a sock? ~ jan

As much as I can determine, her posts are legitimately from Australia.

She'll come around, if she sticks around.

The best way to beat a "so called" troll is to ignore a troll. And when
new
to a group, never ever join in a fight when you don't know the players.
~ jan

She like several others DARED to speak their minds there as I once did.
They have no idea that there are two people there who will descend on them
like starving vultures looking for a good meal.

I don't understand that since both of them they have a moderated group they
can hang out on.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.