Old 17-02-2007, 08:14 AM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.food.cooking,rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default Orange rinds

Dawn wrote:

I save orange rinds from time to time, cook them in simple syrup, and
dry them for use in baking. A little chopped candied orange is amazing
in cookies and cake, and it's much cheaper to make your own than buy it.

Two questions:
1) How long can you keep orange rinds in the refrigerator before
using them?

2) How do you get the pith off the inside of the rind?

I peel lemons to use the zest of the rind for making Limoncello
and then press the lemons for the juice. So I am leaving the
pith on the fruit.

Dick