Old 18-02-2007, 12:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

Default OT; Aluminum frame greenhouse & frost

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:04:35 GMT, Dusty
wrote:

I put up a used Aluminum frame greenhouse last spring and this is my first
experience with this type. (My other one is wood framed) Now that the
temperatures are dropping into the single digits my frame looks like the
inside of a never defrosted freezer. My question is there any way to
prevent this?

Our gh has a metal frame and a "storm door" style entrance door.
We don't have a problem with the frost on the frames. But we had to
insulate the door. We put that plastic shrink wrap stuff from 3-M
that they use in poorly insulated houses to create a storm window for
single pane windows. When we changed the glass in the end caps to
twinwall, we made a panel to go over the outside of the door. Some
hardware store screws that have the pivot section to hold a storm
window on, and we are good to go.
SuE