Old 18-02-2007, 04:17 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff Cliff is offline

Default Flower beds

All I can tell you is a local plant expert and radio show host, Bob Webster,
here in San Antonio has always recommended transplanting only in the warm
weather. You can talk to him at 210-824-3772, his nursery here in town.
If you have a potted plant where you have all the roots it is not so
critical. I would guess that they are practically dormant now and as they
don't seem to have a big root system that it is better when the conditions
are more conducive to new growth. Any way it works for me.

Cliff

wrote in message
oups.com...

Why summer on the sago palm? isnt that a bit harsh for the plant?

thanks,
Anita

"Tx" wrote in
I have some bare flower beds ... it is too early to plant???

Depends on what you have in mind. A bit late for the winter annuals
and
too early for most of the summer ones. Great time for perennials of
any
kind.

I also have a sago palm that needs to be transplanted (girth is
starting
to block a walkway)... is there a best time to do this?

Best done in the heat of the summer.