Old 26-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Shumway orders, anyone?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 05:41:45 -0600, (Pat
Kiewicz) wrote:

Glenna Rose said:

I've always purchased seeds locally and not by mail. Is it common to wait
several weeks before your merchandise is even shipped?

A lot depends on when you order. Ordering in early January is usually faster than
ordering in February or March from just about anybody. If a catalog shows them
going to extended hours for phone orders at some date, that's a clue for when they
get *really* busy. Order *before* that date.

Ordering with a credit card is faster than by check. I prefer to order by phone
(even if they don't have a toll-free number -- I've got pretty cheap long distance
rates). It saves time in the turn-around (and less chance of error).

Even less chance of error if you order online - this is what
I've done this year. I LOVE ordering online. Fast,
efficient, no busy signals, what I say can't be
misunderstood, etc.

I still like to have the written catalogs though: I go
through them first and make a list of what I'm going to
order.

Pat

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY