Old 19-02-2007, 11:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Keith Kent Keith Kent is offline

Default sick cymbidium pics

"gerald" wrote in message
I have posted pictures of my sick cymbidium he

http://slawecki.com/cymbidium/

the plant is indoors. came in when temps got down to under 40
degrees. Is in a relatively humid environment, where cats and dens
are happy.

the shoots started just about the time the plant came in. the buds
form, then turn brown rot. 2 of 3 shoots(spikes?) are brown rot. this
plant is over 12" in dia, and each bulb is over 2" in dia.

any assistance as to what is the brown rot?

Warm nights can cause buds to abort then rot?cool nights warmer days are
required.
Thanks Keith