Old 19-02-2007, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran Gail Futoran is offline

Default Newbie

"Jeffrey L. Kline" wrote in message
. net...
Tent them, My dad used to use a jar!

"P Alves" alves###paulo@gmail#com wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I should start to get ready to see my cuttings die, because I
planted them directly in the soil and the weather is getting pretty
warm... I will try to prevent them from getting dry.

Thanks again

I don't think that's necessarily the case (that
your cuttings will start to die). In mentioning
that I keep my cuttings in pots and let them
develop before planting them in the ground,
I was describing *my* experience, but I also
noted others handle it differently. I presented
my experience as one *option* you might
consider if your method does not work.

That is how we learn.

As Jeffrey Kline noted, you can always
tent your cuttings in place.

I had provided a link to the American
Rose Society www.ars.org where there
exist free to the public several articles on
propagation. I haven't read them in awhile
but I seem to recall they present different
methods of propagating. You might find
the articles useful, or not. Your choice.

The neat thing about free advice is that
you are free to ignore it if it doesn't work
for you.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA