Old 19-02-2007, 10:17 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default Water Woes: Traveston Crossing Dam = Damn Travesty Crossed

robnshel wrote:
I realise by watching those vids that it all could be just propaganda.

There aren't any schemes afaik to network water resources from FNQ.

Any more dams built are built on assumption that there will be rain to fill
them.
More rain isn't guaranteed.

I don't know what "the usual Greenie rubbish is" but think looking at all
aspects of any proposition & listening to all pro & con debate is fair,
rather than dismissing with ridicule.

Rob

"Drago" wrote in message
robnshel wrote:

The usual "Greenie" rubbish.

SEQ needs water.

Dam the Mary River and any other river that provides a good
source of water. Infrastructure satisfies requirements.

If the greenies don't want dams then go suck the sap of a leaf
and the majority of us will appreciate the reticulation of our
needed lifeblood of water.

Stop being regressive and go hug a tree.

Drago

More rain isnt guaranteed?
There has always been rain and there always will be.
Dams are storage areas.
No storage, no capacity to store, and no water saved.
Its like saying no point in saving, as you're not guaranteed a job.
So you make things happen.
We at least are able to reverse trends, but alas I see attitudes need to
be changed as it's going to have to be on a large scale.
On you point, we should also then remove what dams we have.
Then go chasing the rain with buckets to catch a few drops.
Water gathering now needs to be done on a larger scale.
Either that or we all die due to lack of water.
To conserve water we need to look at population increases, and wasteful
methods in industrial uses of water, and stop industries who dont fit
into the picture.