Old 19-02-2007, 11:17 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Flower beds

Most of what I've read says to wait till the soil is warm. In Central
Texas, the soil is warm in April. Up on Long Island the soil warms up
mid June, last average frost date being May 30th. Where we are in
Texas, average last frost date is March 15 thru 30th.

If we have a week of temperatures in the seventies, that is a good
time to transplant them, but do some reading on their root system
first. Knowing about the root system will greatly reduce the shock if
you do it right.

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:13:45 GMT, "Cliff" wrote:

Seems some days you will do anything for a heated discussion.

I have had good luck moving them in July and August in San Antonio, I guess
I will have to try some on the next big freeze we have and see if that also
works. I will let you know in a couple years.

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Cliff wrote:
Don't know if this guy is an expert but he has an opinion. Page two of
this web site.

http://junglemusic.net/cycadadvice/c...sago-palm2.htm

Well, summer in San Diego is very different from summer in Central Texas.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he