Old 20-02-2007, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alla Bezroutchko[_2_] Alla Bezroutchko[_2_] is offline

Default Thornless climbing rose to grow in container

Could someone recommend a rose for the following situation:

I have a west-facing veranda with a transparent roof. I'd like to grow
climbing roses inside the veranda up the walls and under the veranda
roof. I have to grow them in containers - there is no open soil. The
roof is 2 to 3 meters tall, the veranda is 3 by 3 meters.

I'd like to plant 4 roses in the corners. I'd like the roses to be
thornless, long-flowering (all summer long?) and scented. Any colour is
good, but I would prefer pink.

First question - is it it likely to work? Would container grown roses be
vigorous enough to cover the roof?

Second question - what rose would you recommend?

Alla.