Old 20-02-2007, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default mushroom compost

"Sue" wrote in message
Is spent mushroom compost OK on a vegetable bed?

Yes, subject to Bob's caveat about the pH. I've just had 15 tonnes
delivered this morning for my own private veg plot so I'm a happy and
busy bunny. - Well actually it's a cocktail of horse, mushroom and
chicken because that was what I could get easily, I would have been
happier if it was all mushroom compost because it's easier to handle
and better for the immediate soil conditioning that I need.
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp