Old 20-02-2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Richard Burge Richard Burge is offline

Default Sooty deposits on Ilex "Silver Milkboy"

"Rod" wrote in message
"Richard Burge" wrote in message

"K" wrote in message

Bob, La Puce and K... Thank you..

Just been out to the yard (re-potting the prickly buggers as we speak...)
and discovered beautiful brown scale insects hiding under their waxy
coats underneath the leaves and above the sooty mould.

Now... La Puce's link mentioned Provado as a systemic control. Off to
find some (or similar as we're commercial and I still have a whole lot to
learn, as you can tell )

Intercept is the commercial form.
--
Rod

Found something that deals with the blighters in the "poisons" cupboard. We
have not had to resort to chemicals up here for years!

21 5 foot Ilex Aquifolium may be difficult with a toothbrush ;o)

Les