Old 26-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Doonemd

Default evil squirrels!

Well, as usual, the squirrels are wreaking havoc with my bonsai again. Last
year I discovered that squirrels find hornbeam and maple buds quite
delicious!-no leaf pruning necessary that year This year I have learned that
those evil squirels also find Chinese elm quite tasty but they apparently have
a laxative effect on the squirrel as it left quite a few "presents" on my
bonsai bench! I have resorted to bribing the evil squirrels with sunflower
seeds and corn cobs to keep them away from my trees. I suppose I shall have
agreat crop of sunflowers as accent plants this year....)
Lorna