Old 26-03-2003, 03:32 PM
Doonemd

Default evil squirrels!

Well, as usual, the squirrels are wreaking havoc with my bonsai again. Last
year I discovered that squirrels find hornbeam and maple buds quite
delicious!-no leaf pruning necessary that year This year I have learned that
those evil squirels also find Chinese elm quite tasty but they apparently have
a laxative effect on the squirrel as it left quite a few "presents" on my
bonsai bench! I have resorted to bribing the evil squirrels with sunflower
seeds and corn cobs to keep them away from my trees. I suppose I shall have
agreat crop of sunflowers as accent plants this year....)
Lorna
Old 26-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Chris McMillan

In message , Doonemd
writes
delicious!-no leaf pruning necessary that year This year I have learned that
those evil squirels also find Chinese elm quite tasty

We'll see if English grey squirrels share the US's cousin's tastes then
- or how far away they can smell it. I see squirrels running about
regularly in the road I live in: they live in the trees in a further
education establishment about 200 yards from home - but the little so
and sos have never ventured as far as our house in all the years we've
been here (18), so we'll see if they smell out our oh so little zelkova.

Is the photo I posted see-able to any of you? Now I've posted it up I
can't actually see the leaves at all so was the resolution too small -
or is this just my poor vision playing with me?

Sincerely, Chris

--
Chris McMillan
reply to:

What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Is this the evil Tamarisk? Gnarlodious Plant Science 4 23-06-2003 03:44 AM
Evil Green Algae Chris Tondreau Ponds 4 12-06-2003 05:20 AM
evil kudzu. griffon Gardening 6 19-05-2003 01:32 PM
[IBC] evil squirrels! Louis Brooks Bonsai 18 09-04-2003 09:08 PM