Old 21-02-2007, 11:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Small leaves on coleus

On 20 Feb 2007 20:22:12 -0800, "
wrote:

I have a "seemingly healthy" coleus (I don't know the exact variety
but the leaves are a dark maroon). I say it's healthy because it is
sprouting purplish buds at the ends of many stems. I am pinching some
leaf tips to promote a fuller growth...but the plant looks stunted
because the leaves are so small---I think they should be larger. It's
in a window that gets afternoon sun and I try to keep it moist.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!
Sandra in PA

Coleus are very sensitive to environments. They will grow larger
leaves with more light and warmth.