Old 26-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Jan

Default Nasturtiums

You can also use the green (unripe) seeds - soak them in
salt
water for 24 hours then store them in a flavored vinegar in the fridge. The
green seeds are supposed to be like a caper substitute.

I haven't tried this yet. My nasturtiums have tons of flowers right now,
maybe
I'll let a few develop seeds instead of dead heading them all. Has anyone
out
there tried eating/using the green seeds in this method?

Take care,
Lynn Smythe
www.butterflygypsy.com

Yes I have & they are very like capers (just a bit bigger than my usual
capers) But don't eat too many as like capers they can make your skin
spotty! (old Italian wives tale I believe).
Mine come out each year in October and go through until we get a frost
Dec/Jan and are rampant taking over about six foot from only one stem.
Love eating the flowers as well.
Regards
--
Jan - N. London