Old 21-02-2007, 05:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] shoemakerted@yahoo.com is offline

Default Which ground covers will spread fast?

On Feb 16, 11:48 pm, Persephone wrote:

But my Boston Ivy goes dormant in "winter". *

Wouldn't you want full-time duty?

One of the appeals of Boston Ivy is the fact that it's deciduous. In
autumn it's a brilliant red.
Since I live in Wisconsin (where winter, they say, is the best 8
months of the year), I don't care what the plants look like under the
snow.

That applies to the baby tears and other plants in the original post,
too. If they brown off, will they revive in the spring? That's
okay. Or will they self-sow? That's okay, too. Are they gone
forever? That is the undesirable situation.

Thanks for all replies.

Ted Shoemaker
Zone 4/5 (old reckoning)
Zone 6 (new reckoning)