Old 22-02-2007, 12:33 AM
aunty mor aunty mor is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyPete View Post
I'm looking for a climber to go up the corner posts of a pergola over my
pond. I'd 'like' something that will grow from a large pot. Not to have tiny
flowers, (like the Wisteria I've seen) as I'd be forever fishing petals from
the pond. Pref. evergreen. Does such a plant exist?
--
ßôyþëtë
You could try Fatshedera lizei. Huge leaves like a Fatsia and evergreen.

It does get flowers in autumn but they are very tiny in clusters like an ivy. You would probably not even notice the petals in the pond or cut them off whan they do come as they are not the main feature of the plant, the large exotic looking leaves are.