Old 22-02-2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Help

Stephane,

By all means join an orchid society. You'll get wonderful information and
probably the opportunity to feed your nascient habit!

Diana

"flowerbudz" wrote in message
Hi rambler,This is stephane and not stephie,(male) i get that alot
since
my name is french. I wanted to thanks you fro your great advice. I have
been
reading alot about orchids and like you said They need to thive a little.
did transplant the orchid in some good orchid mix since it was only in the
moss. I got to see the roots were very poor. I will put it in my room
since
it is face south but out of dirct sun. It is a bright room. This is my
first
orchid and i am sure that this is only the beging of a new and great
passion
hobbie. I can't wait to get a flower. But i know that i have to be
patient.
Just like my buisness it took five year for a good healthy start.I will
keep
on comming to this group since the people are great and friendly. I was
invited by a group in Quebec city to join a orchid club. I will probably
ahve a look it to it.Keep you all posted. Once again thanks for all your
great advice.

Newby orchid lover
stephane

a écrit dans le message de
Hi Stephie. I've had better luck with my orchids when I put them in
an east window and a plant light above them (they love it). The thing
about orchids (phals. anyway) is you can't treat them like ordinary
house plants - keeping them wet all the time or leaving the water in the
overflow dish means certain death. I don't know alot about orchids -
mostly trial and error so I should say orchids come in several different
species and each probably has it's own requirements. If you get bit by
orchid fever and want another one get one thats got good roots and maybe
leave the spike (stem). I''ve had a couple either rebloom or put on a
baby (kiekie). So good luck and come back here for a problem - there's
alot of people in here that don't just have one orchid but a greenhouse
full, so they know their stuff. Burr