Old 18-02-2007, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Help

Hello all gardeing friends. I have been wanting a orchid for years now and
my love has bought one for me for valentines. The orchid has already
flowered and the steam was cut off. I would like to get your advice on the
best web site for orchid care. I have been gardening for over 15 years with
indoor and outdoor plants and I finally got my orchid. Thire was no name tag
on the orchid and I would like to identifie it. It has some thing that no
other orchid has. It has a fat base and leaves comeout of it. i really want
to save and flower the orchid. So i ask you HELP. Also can we post picture
on this site? if so i could take a picture and post it for your help to
identife it.

Thanking you in advance
Stephane
Qc Canada

Old 18-02-2007, 08:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Welcome, Stephane, and congratulations on your orchid.

Pictures are not allowed in this group, but we have another just for that
purpose. Go to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids; you can post pictures there.
Then we will be able to get an idea of what you have.

Diana

Old 19-02-2007, 01:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Great thanks for your help Diana. The pic will be posted tonight.
seems like a friendly group.
Once again Thanks
steph

Old 20-02-2007, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi
If you know the name of your orchid then you may find a culture sheet here.
http://www.clanorchids.com/compendium/intro.html

Grow well and bloom magnificently
dusty

Old 20-02-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Saw your picture and i think it's this
http://www.clanorchids.com/culture/oncicult.htm

Old 21-02-2007, 12:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

¸Wow Thanks dusty i seem to have found the perfect place for it. I love the
info that you sent.Once again
Thanks
steph

. 17.102...

Old 22-02-2007, 03:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi Stephie. I've had better luck with my orchids when I put them in
an east window and a plant light above them (they love it). The thing
about orchids (phals. anyway) is you can't treat them like ordinary
house plants - keeping them wet all the time or leaving the water in the
overflow dish means certain death. I don't know alot about orchids -
mostly trial and error so I should say orchids come in several different
species and each probably has it's own requirements. If you get bit by
orchid fever and want another one get one thats got good roots and maybe
leave the spike (stem). I''ve had a couple either rebloom or put on a
baby (kiekie). So good luck and come back here for a problem - there's
alot of people in here that don't just have one orchid but a greenhouse
full, so they know their stuff. Burr

Old 22-02-2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi rambler,This is stephane and not stephie,(male) i get that alot since
my name is french. I wanted to thanks you fro your great advice. I have been
reading alot about orchids and like you said They need to thive a little. I
did transplant the orchid in some good orchid mix since it was only in the
moss. I got to see the roots were very poor. I will put it in my room since
it is face south but out of dirct sun. It is a bright room. This is my first
orchid and i am sure that this is only the beging of a new and great passion
hobbie. I can't wait to get a flower. But i know that i have to be patient.
Just like my buisness it took five year for a good healthy start.I will keep
on comming to this group since the people are great and friendly. I was
invited by a group in Quebec city to join a orchid club. I will probably
ahve a look it to it.Keep you all posted. Once again thanks for all your
great advice.

Newby orchid lover
stephane

Old 22-02-2007, 04:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Stephane,

By all means join an orchid society. You'll get wonderful information and
probably the opportunity to feed your nascient habit!

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM