Old 22-02-2007, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT Speed cameras

"Muddymike" wrote in message
I know this is way off topic but I am sure most of you are drivers and
would like to support a request for increased safety at speed camera sites.

I just took a look at standing E-Petitions and consider this one worth
signing.
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/displaythespeed/

It asks simply for the prevailing speed limit to be posted on the back of
speed cameras. Having witnessed the effects of drivers reacting by hitting
the brakes on seeing a speed camera when they were not even breaking the
speed limit I have just signed it, please do the same.

Mike

Sorry Mike, but if you drive within the speed limit, which is always
displayed, then plod with zap guns and speed cameras hold no fear. I see
where you are coming from with rapid braking, but 'Stick to the speed limit'
and ANY braking is not required.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk