Old 22-02-2007, 08:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Tractor Tire Ply question

"BT Humble" wrote in message
ups.com...
Art wrote:
wrote:
A question that arose from this search is number of ply's. We have
about 10 acres we mow, and it seems once a month or so we're needing
to repair a flat tire, from an unseen piece of metal, sharp stick,
etc.

If you are having that many flats you should check into having the
tires
foam filled.

If he's having that many flats, he should investigate getting some
sheep!

Fir the tires that I have had flats with, I just had them install a tube
within it. Never got a flat again in that tire, and I have them in 3 out
of the 4 tires so far (with a slow leak now in the 4th tire). Here we
have these evil multiflora rose Devil's tentacles rising up out of the
ground that get really piercing when they dry out. They are long enough
to pierce a tire, but not long enough to pierce a tire and a tube.
Tomes