Old 22-02-2007, 10:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Tapped Maples

"Tomes" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in.
This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running
today - not a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Sweet, things are looking up already. I love me some pancakes with real
butter and maple syrup. yum

I was wondering if they were really Oaks like in that commercial......
Tomes

I made a mistake like that the first year we tapped trees chuckle - when
the leaves are off it's hard to tell - but these are trees that produced
good sap last year .