Old 20-02-2007, 06:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Tapped Maples

We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in. This is
a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running today - not a
drop - nada.

Old 20-02-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in. This
is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running today - not
a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 21-02-2007, 11:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in. This
is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running today - not
a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Old 22-02-2007, 01:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in.
This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running
today - not a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Sweet, things are looking up already. I love me some pancakes with real
butter and maple syrup. yum
Old 22-02-2007, 08:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in.
This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running
today - not a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Sweet, things are looking up already. I love me some pancakes with real
butter and maple syrup. yum

I was wondering if they were really Oaks like in that commercial......
Tomes

Old 22-02-2007, 10:23 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tomes" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
We tapped a few maple trees today and stuck a half-dozen spiles in.
This is a week later than normal for us - but nothing was running
today - not a drop - nada.

Blame Al Gore.

Got about a gallon and a half from the 6 spiles today.

Sweet, things are looking up already. I love me some pancakes with real
butter and maple syrup. yum

I was wondering if they were really Oaks like in that commercial......
Tomes

I made a mistake like that the first year we tapped trees chuckle - when
the leaves are off it's hard to tell - but these are trees that produced
good sap last year .

Maple trees tapped Srgnt Billko Lawns 1 25-02-2008 12:27 AM
identifying Amur (ginnala) maples from all other maples Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 0 21-05-2003 07:56 AM
[IBC] Trident Maples in South Florida Luis Fontanills Bonsai 7 09-03-2003 03:08 PM
[IBC] Japanese Maples From Seed (now X-rated!) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 06-02-2003 03:54 PM
[IBC] Japanese Maples From Seed Ben Griffin Bonsai 0 06-02-2003 03:30 PM