Old 23-02-2007, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Thornless climbing rose to grow in container

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 21/2/07 17:43, in article
,
" wrote:

On Feb 21, 5:37 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/2/07 17:15, in article
Can you grow roses in your French garden, or is it too cold for them in
winter? I doubt many diseases would survive, anyhow!

Yes, I have some floribundas in France, growing through gravel without
any sign of any disease!! The ones which pose the problem, in
England, are one year old ramblers; of which 2 are affected of the
four ;which are growing up an untreated timber pergola thing.

Advice would be appreciated, I don't mind resorting to chemicals - it
is better than looking at the foliage of a diseased plant.

Ray's answer to this is that we used to use Roseclear or whatever the

modern
equivalent is. IOW, he/we are not up to date in rose sprays because we
avoid them wherever possible. Matthew isn't here today so I'll try to
remember to ask him more tomorrow, if he knows!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

No idea if its one of the ones withdrawn but I use Sythane for rose cuttings
(but not in the garden) which seems to keep a lid on most of their lurgys

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk