Old 24-02-2007, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default B glauca

Literally, I ignore it. Its hanging high in the GH where it gtes direct sun
through the GH doorway in the early AM and brightest light the rest of the
day. I recall someone saying that if you want them to bloom water them. I
saw sheathes forming, started watering and voila. I had 5 flowers open 3
days before the show, brought it inside my house where its warmer at night
and 4 more opened. I brought it home from the show with all these blooms!
I hope it hangs on till the DVOS meeting. Its'll probably never bloom like
this again, LOL! I need someone I know to see that I could do this, LOL!

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wow! What's your secret pray tell.
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock
your socks off, in teh daytime, not at night unlike B nodosa. This one
just kinda sorta grew big. I never noticed it untill it had about 19
flowers on it. Again, it must thrive on neglect. Again, just back from
teh POE

K Barrett