Old 24-02-2007, 12:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default B glauca

Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock your
socks off, in teh daytime, not at night unlike B nodosa. This one just kinda
sorta grew big. I never noticed it untill it had about 19 flowers on it.
Again, it must thrive on neglect. Again, just back from teh POE

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
B glauca-dsc00078.jpg
Old 24-02-2007, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wow! What's your secret pray tell.
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock
your socks off, in teh daytime, not at night unlike B nodosa. This one

Old 24-02-2007, 03:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Rhyncholaelia glauca now, along with Rhyncholaelia digbyana, the species
that gives such fabulous frilly lips to Catt hybrids.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).

Old 24-02-2007, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Literally, I ignore it. Its hanging high in the GH where it gtes direct sun
through the GH doorway in the early AM and brightest light the rest of the
day. I recall someone saying that if you want them to bloom water them. I
saw sheathes forming, started watering and voila. I had 5 flowers open 3
days before the show, brought it inside my house where its warmer at night
and 4 more opened. I brought it home from the show with all these blooms!
I hope it hangs on till the DVOS meeting. Its'll probably never bloom like
this again, LOL! I need someone I know to see that I could do this, LOL!

K Barrett

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Wow! What's your secret pray tell.
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock

Old 24-02-2007, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

That's it! I almost wrote Rhynchostylis...and *then* what would people
think of me? I'd lose my image with the tribe....

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Rhyncholaelia glauca now, along with Rhyncholaelia digbyana, the species
that gives such fabulous frilly lips to Catt hybrids.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).

Old 24-02-2007, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I love it! She ignores it and wow, all these flowers appear.

Diana

. ..

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Rhyncholaelia glauca now, along with Rhyncholaelia digbyana, the species
that gives such fabulous frilly lips to Catt hybrids.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).

Old 24-02-2007, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Beautiful Kathy. Well grown. Did you take a close-up of one of the
flowers?

John

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news7_Dh.17049$z6.12963@bigfe9...
I love it! She ignores it and wow, all these flowers appear.

Diana

. ..

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Rhyncholaelia glauca now, along with Rhyncholaelia digbyana, the species
that gives such fabulous frilly lips to Catt hybrids.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

. ..

Old 25-02-2007, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wow, that's really nice. I thot mine was doing well with 4 flowers Good
growing. Either last year or the year before mine had 6 flowers (I think)
and it got nominated for an AOS cultural award... I like the basket - mine
needs repotted and that looks to be a good way to grow it.

Oh and I agree with what you said in a later post - lotsa light and water...

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock

Old 25-02-2007, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Watch out for the basket. Mine's beginning to die out in the center and I
have no idea how to repot and divide...other than taking a saws-all
reciprocating saw to the plant and quarter it. So it looks great from the
side and below, but from the top its got a little bald pate, sort of like a
monk's tonsum.

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
Wow, that's really nice. I thot mine was doing well with 4 flowers
Good growing. Either last year or the year before mine had 6 flowers (I
think) and it got nominated for an AOS cultural award... I like the
basket - mine needs repotted and that looks to be a good way to grow it.

Oh and I agree with what you said in a later post - lotsa light and
water...

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock

Old 25-02-2007, 04:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I should get one while they are fresh. I'll post one later.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Beautiful Kathy. Well grown. Did you take a close-up of one of the
flowers?

John

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
news7_Dh.17049$z6.12963@bigfe9...
I love it! She ignores it and wow, all these flowers appear.

Diana

. ..

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Rhyncholaelia glauca now, along with Rhyncholaelia digbyana, the
species that gives such fabulous frilly lips to Catt hybrids.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past
decade).

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Troubled Lawson cypress 'columnaris glauca' Emery Davis[_3_] United Kingdom 3 05-12-2013 02:01 PM
Festuca Glauca Ade United Kingdom 2 30-05-2006 07:46 PM
Yucca glauca question chirisophus Gardening 1 21-05-2003 06:32 PM