Old 24-02-2007, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Stapelia tips shriveling

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:01:11 -0500, Jim Shaffer wrote:
I have a Stapelia variegata whose leaves are turning yellow and
shriveling away to nothing at the tips. Only the last half-inch or so
of each leaf is affected, the remainder of the leaves are still green
and turgid. Does anyone know what the problem is?

All leaves or just younger or older ones?

First thought for me when I see leaf tip death is usually salt burn.
How long has it been in the pot? Have you leached the soil? Use much
fertilizer? If you let some dry, does it make a nice white or yellowish
crust on top? Cu deficiency is another possibility, but a real long
shot -- and Cu is toxic enough I would rule everything else out first,
and then supply it as compost or well-rotted manure.