Old 24-02-2007, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Camellia

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 24/2/07 10:37, in article ,
"Dave"
wrote:

Good Morning,
I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with a camellia?

We have a fairly large Camellia in our front garden that was planted at
least 20 years ago and has always thrived and had numerous flowers in
spite
of our soil being mostly clay.
We've noticed this year that although there are loads of buds some of the
leaves have a black mould type covering.
Would some one be able to advise me what the best treatment would be
without
doing the plant any damage.

Have a look at this, Dave. If the cause seems to be the correct one, the
cure is here, too:
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/camelli...hion_scale.asp
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Hi Sacha,

Yep, that seems like the problem! I'll get the spray they recomend and hope
for the best!!

Many thanks for your time

Regards
Dave