Old 24-02-2007, 07:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jim Shaffer Jim Shaffer is offline

Default Stapelia tips shriveling

On 24 Feb 2007 10:42:06 GMT, Kay Lancaster wrote:

All leaves or just younger or older ones?

Mostly older ones.

First thought for me when I see leaf tip death is usually salt burn.
How long has it been in the pot?

About a year.

Have you leached the soil?

No.

Use much fertilizer?

No.

If you let some dry, does it make a nice white or yellowish
crust on top?

There is a small amount of crust. I have some crust on a lot of my
indoor plants, I think it's from the water supply which, as I've said,
tends to be on the hard side. I've never had it result in leaf burn
in a plant so young though (I only got the Stapelia last year), and
usually repot before it becomes a problem. I've also never had leaf
burn on succulents, but I suppose there's a first time for everything.