Old 24-02-2007, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,nf.gardening,rec.gardening
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default acorn management

"lucky4fingers" wrote in message
84...
Our oak tree is now ~16" diameter, 70 ft tall, and has a drip line of ~
40ft. It is also producing an enornmous amount of acorns. Any ideas on how
to control / dispose of them short of cutting down the tree?
TIA

Turkeys and squirrels usually clean up acorns. 'Course they bring other
issues with them.
Maybe a lawn mower with bagging attachment will clean them up. I've got a
Pin oak much larger than yours and acorns aren't a problem.