Old 26-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Louis Brooks

Default [IBC] evil squirrels!

Yep, that sounds about right. A squirle broke the apex
off my favorite Acer this spring while useing it as a
launching pad to get to our bird feeder. Guess I
should be happy they have not tried to eat any of my
trees yet. I know to keep dogs from chewing on your
furniture they sugest useing red pepper. Wonder if
that would work on squirles too.

Louis

--- Doonemd wrote:
Well, as usual, the squirrels are wreaking havoc
with my bonsai again. Last
year I discovered that squirrels find hornbeam and
maple buds quite
delicious!-no leaf pruning necessary that year
This year I have learned that
those evil squirels also find Chinese elm quite
tasty but they apparently have
a laxative effect on the squirrel as it left quite a
few "presents" on my
bonsai bench! I have resorted to bribing the evil
squirrels with sunflower
seeds and corn cobs to keep them away from my trees.
I suppose I shall have
agreat crop of sunflowers as accent plants this
year....)
Lorna

++++Sponsored, in part, by Evergreen
Gardenworks++++