Old 22-02-2007, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vincent Burgum Vincent Burgum is offline

Default Compost

I have just bought a Strawberry Tub. In the instructions under the heading
Compost it make a point regarding the composition of the compost being very
important. It says" The mixture should consist of two thirds by one third of
perlite(20 litres) or coarse grit(20 litres/25kg). There should be no
deviation from this mixture otherwise there could be plant failures"

Can anyone please explain to me what this means. I understand that the Tub
hold 80 litres of compost/

Many thanks in advance

Vince