Old 25-02-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default bagging it and moving to FL?

Um, y'all come on down! That means all y'all! (No, I don't really talk like
that, but I'm considering adopting the language.)

Sue, we do have seasons here. They are not as onerous as northern seasons,
but they are defined. And as far as heat goes, we are geared toward it.
Everything is a/c'd. Lots of tiki places on the water for eating and
drinking, if you are so inclined, and there's always a breeze. In the height
of summer we have our afternoon t-storms to cool things off. They last just
long enough to take the edge off. Pools are common, not unusual.

Not for a million bucks would we go back! It's as close to Paradise as one
can get.

Diana

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
I visit Orlando about every other month. When I get off the plane this
time of the year I ask myself "I don't live here because?"

Let's see ... Housing prices about 1/3 of the cost of DC area. Mild
weather in winter....hot in summer (but I like hot weather).

I'm ready to go. 6 inches of fresh snow this morning. YUK!

Gene

"unknown" wrote in message
i just finished reading an article on professional finishing of phals in
commercial greenhouses, and it mentions in passing the considerations of
cost of heating the 'house the further north you go. it got me
wondering how many of you who grow (either commercial or amateur) in the
-ahem- cooler climes have ever considered just picking up and moving
someplace warmer for the sake of the plants? (as soon as i win that
lottery, west palm beach here i come....)

--j_a