Old 25-02-2007, 04:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default B glauca

Watch out for the basket. Mine's beginning to die out in the center and I
have no idea how to repot and divide...other than taking a saws-all
reciprocating saw to the plant and quarter it. So it looks great from the
side and below, but from the top its got a little bald pate, sort of like a
monk's tonsum.

"Jerry Hoffmeister" wrote in message
. ..
Wow, that's really nice. I thot mine was doing well with 4 flowers
Good growing. Either last year or the year before mine had 6 flowers (I
think) and it got nominated for an AOS cultural award... I like the
basket - mine needs repotted and that looks to be a good way to grow it.

Oh and I agree with what you said in a later post - lotsa light and
water...

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Brassavola glauca (or whatever they are calling it for the past decade).
From Mexico again, I think. Thick leaves, and so fragrant it'll knock
your socks off, in teh daytime, not at night unlike B nodosa. This one
just kinda sorta grew big. I never noticed it untill it had about 19
flowers on it. Again, it must thrive on neglect. Again, just back from
teh POE

K Barrett