Old 26-02-2007, 01:41 PM posted to austin.gardening
Noncompliant Noncompliant is offline

Default rototilling

"biggus" wrote in message ...

"God Bless Texas" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 23:36:50 -0600, biggus wrote:

anyone know someone who can rototill a 8 by 24 foot garden? near 2222
and
mopac

Unless you have mixed quite a bit of topsoil or compost into it, none of
the soil in that area rototills very well. We had to hand hoe until we
could get it loosened up and mix a bunch of loose material into it.

Are you on the clay, or on the rock? Do you have your own tiller, or
would you need someone to bring one?

put in a raised bed garden about 15 years ago, it was sort of topsoil,
most of the organic stuff is gone, but now has lots of tree roots in it,
they got trained over by water. I have no tiller, and the garden is 8 by
24 foot, not all of it needs to be done.

Need to build in some method of drainage, in any event.

If it were my project, would remove the perimeter soil restraints. Place
the soil in a pile adjacent. Cut out the roots as I dug. Possibly put the
raised garden in another location.

--
Noncompliant