Old 26-02-2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default Need tomato varietal suggestion

On 26 Feb 2007 07:05:46 -0800, "Graham" wrote:

I'm trying to find a varietal that will grow well in colorado and
produce fruit that is tangy and not very sweet.

I grew up in scotland and remember my parents greenhouse tomatos being
that way, but i'm not sure if it's just because they grew so much more
slowly than things do here.

Any ideas?

If you go to the Cornell Vegetable Variety site and register as a user
(it's free and I've enjoyed using the site), you can sort your
searches by state or season. The home page is:

http://vegvariety.cce.cornell.edu/index.php

After you register, if you click on "How to use this site" in the menu
on the left. Scroll down to "limiting results" and you'll get the
following instructions.

****
Limiting results

If you are a registered user on this web site you also have the option
to limit your search results by your state or frost-free season. You
will need to login to use this feature. Once you are logged in you
will see a second drop down menu with the options.

Choose "All results" from the drop down menu if you'd like to see all
results.

Choose "Just my state" if you'd like to limit search results to crop
varieties reviewed by people in your state.

Choose "Just my frost-free season" to limit search results to crop
varieties reviewed by people in your frost free season.

You can see your current State and Frost-free Season in the My Profile
box on the left hand side of the page.

****

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"