Old 26-02-2007, 06:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
len garden len garden is offline

Default Bay Tree

g'day prickles,

i'm going for scale also, and i'll take it one further and suggest
that you have scale because of ants, in my time of gardening i have
never seen scale without ants, ants without scale yes but they have
symbiotic relationship.

you don't need to see heaps of ants once they have their herd set up
it doesn't take the whole nest to harvest the sweet secretions.

so move the ants on and then either wait for the scale to die off or
spray with a white oil mix you can make homemade recipes we have them
on our remedies page. if teh scale is only on a few leaves say just
cut the offending leaves/twigs off.

when you ahve ants visiting plants be on the look our for scale,
aphids & mealy bugs appearing soon after.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:19:59 +1100, Spiny Norman
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len