Old 26-02-2007, 11:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default bagging it and moving to FL?

On Feb 26, 3:11 pm, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
Retirement Community-- synonym for the vestibule to the mortuary.

God's waiting rooms, for sure. There are gated communities that cater to the
retired. To me, they are so contrived and structured that it would feel like
a prison. They are full, so I guess it's just us. ...

My mother will be 86 in April. She lives in Apopka. When she was
deciding what to do after my dad died in 2004 we asked her if she
wanted to move to a retirement community. "Why would I want to live
surrounded by all those old people?" she said. She did move from
Jacksonville to Apopka, to an even bigger house in a neighborhood full
of kids. She has become an avid bird watcher, ever since a bald eagle
perched on her back fence.

J. Del Col