Old 27-02-2007, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Oz[_3_] Oz[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to find Baltic (Russian) Gooseberrys...

Does anyone know a place to start to look. Google doesn't seem to
lead me to anything useful. I am interested in the HUGE gooseberrys
that I found in Latvia, Estonia, and western Russia. They are about
3/4 to one inch across and turn red to almost black when ripe. They
have a sweet, yet comfortably tart flavor.
Thanx to anyone who might know where I may find more information.

cheers

oz, deep in the Ozarks