Old 27-02-2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Graham Graham is offline

Default Need tomato varietal suggestion

On Feb 26, 10:35 am, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:
On 26 Feb 2007 07:05:46 -0800, "Graham" wrote:

I'm trying to find a varietal that will grow well in colorado and
produce fruit that is tangy and not very sweet.

I grew up in scotland and remember my parents greenhouse tomatos being
that way, but i'm not sure if it's just because they grew so much more
slowly than things do here.

Any ideas?

If you go to the Cornell Vegetable Variety site and register as a user
(it's free and I've enjoyed using the site), you can sort your
searches by state or season. The home page is:

http://vegvariety.cce.cornell.edu/index.php

After you register, if you click on "How to use this site" in the menu
on the left. Scroll down to "limiting results" and you'll get the
following instructions.

Thanks for the Site! It looks pretty useful, unfortunately there isn't
a lot of reviews from CO.

Graham