Old 27-02-2007, 02:49 PM posted to triangle.gardens
me[_2_] me[_2_] is offline

Default squirrels in flowers

"Bob Overby" wrote in message
My wife asked to find out if anyone has some ideas for keeping the
squirrels from destroying any and all flowers that she plants in
pots or small garden areas in our yard/portches, etc.

We have had problems with some in the past but this year they are
digging up every thing.

The dogs in the backyard aren't even deterring them from the pots on
the deck (maybe they are just lazy and don't chase them away).

Any ideas?

bob

Cayenne pepper on their nuts?

Seriously though. I mix cayenne pepper with my bird seed and it has
all but eliminated squirrels (sometimes the young ones show up that
don't know about the pepper)

I would imagine it would need to be re-applied each time it rains.

BTW sas.misc.gardening cannot be accessed by those of us not working
at SAS