Old 28-02-2007, 06:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Oz[_3_] Oz[_3_] is offline

Default Trying to find Baltic (Russian) Gooseberrys...

On Feb 27, 8:23 am, Henriette Kress
wrote:
"Oz" wrote:
Does anyone know a place to start to look. Google doesn't seem to
lead me to anything useful. I am interested in the HUGE gooseberrys
that I found in Latvia, Estonia, and western Russia. They are about
3/4 to one inch across and turn red to almost black when ripe. They
have a sweet, yet comfortably tart flavor.
Thanx to anyone who might know where I may find more information.

In any local plant center ... in Finland, Europe.
The choices a spines (yes/no), and ripe berry color (yellowish green/darkish
red).

Woot!
Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.henriettesherbal.com

Thank you, but it would be difficult to have an agent purchase them
for me in Finland or (other) Europe and then mail them to the central
US. Our customs people get fussy about incoming produce.

cheers, anyway

oz, who has enjoyed his short trips to Helsinki