Old 28-02-2007, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Shade and Butterfly loving plants and flowers

Rob expounded:

A minor caution. I put in some attractive-to-butterfly plants and was a
little dismayed to find that the bee to butterfly ratio was about 100 to 1.
I didn't mind the bees, but some visitors did.

All the advertised plants seem to work; just don't go overboard would be my
advice.

Nectar plants will attract all pollinators, and the bees need
everything they can get right now. They're under siege from so many
angles.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts