Old 28-02-2007, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default How do people here root lemon cuttings?

"Jangchub" wrote in message

I took the trimmings and made heel cuts, dipped them in rooting
hormone and firmed them into flats with moist pro-mix. I don't have
any plastic around which is clear. Should I use a white plastic bag
to put over the entire flats? Is this a futile attempt at something
which will not become plants?

I cut the bottoms off plastic soda and water bottles to make little cloche
covers for my cuttings. You can remove the cap if they are getting too wet
or close it up if you need more warmth and moisture. Look at it this
way......you started out with no cuttings so if they don't work you aren't
out anything but a bit of time; if they grow you've made progress.

Val