Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Fish & Frogs

Talking of frogs....do yours overwinter in the pond or go elsewhere? In
my old pond they used to stay in the pond - it freaked me once to spot
them under the ice - I thought that they had frozen solid but nope, come
the spring they were breeding and filling the pond with frogspawn.....
Gill

I have tree frogs, so they winter in leaf litter, which is a good thing,
after I got my note from the city attorney about my noisy pets. Long story
short, I can at least say they leave and come back and I have no control
over them. I do catch as many males as I can and take them elsewhere to
keep the music tolerable for my $#%&ty neighbors. Personally the louder the
better, boy do I sleep good when the frogs come.

Interesting factoid, Washington State is thinking of making my type of frog
the state frog. I wonder what my neighbors will do then? ~ jan