Old 28-02-2007, 03:15 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Fish & Frogs

Want a koi, frog (or other animals) T-shirt? Here's a website with a few:
http://www.prairieskullpture.com/

They do them on shirts or cards. ~ jan
Old 28-02-2007, 10:07 AM posted to rec.ponds

~ jan wrote:
Want a koi, frog (or other animals) T-shirt? Here's a website with a few:
http://www.prairieskullpture.com/

They do them on shirts or cards. ~ jan

Talking of frogs....do yours overwinter in the pond or go elsewhere? In
my old pond they used to stay in the pond - it freaked me once to spot
them under the ice - I thought that they had frozen solid but nope, come
the spring they were breeding and filling the pond with frogspawn.....

Gill
Old 01-03-2007, 03:18 AM posted to rec.ponds

Talking of frogs....do yours overwinter in the pond or go elsewhere? In
my old pond they used to stay in the pond - it freaked me once to spot
them under the ice - I thought that they had frozen solid but nope, come
the spring they were breeding and filling the pond with frogspawn.....
Gill

I have tree frogs, so they winter in leaf litter, which is a good thing,
after I got my note from the city attorney about my noisy pets. Long story
short, I can at least say they leave and come back and I have no control
over them. I do catch as many males as I can and take them elsewhere to
keep the music tolerable for my $#%&ty neighbors. Personally the louder the
better, boy do I sleep good when the frogs come.

Interesting factoid, Washington State is thinking of making my type of frog
the state frog. I wonder what my neighbors will do then? ~ jan
Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 PM posted to rec.ponds

In , on 02/28/07
at 10:07 AM, Gill Passman said:

Talking of frogs....do yours overwinter in the pond or go elsewhere? In
my old pond they used to stay in the pond - it freaked me once to spot
them under the ice - I thought that they had frozen solid but nope, come
the spring they were breeding and filling the pond with frogspawn.....

My painted turte overwinters in my pond (this is its seventh winter, I
believe.) I used to get green frog (they're native here) tadpoles or
froglets from my local fish store, but they never stuck around - perhaps
the stream in the woods behind my house smelled better to them?

I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself (wish
I could.)

Alan

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
.net...
In , on 02/28/07
I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself (wish
I could.)

====================
We have toads here every spring. After they breed in the ponds and plant
tubs they leave. The young toads leave the water and leave also. Sometimes
I spot one under the hosta leaves on the north side of the house. Sometimes
one or more will be in the cool shade under one of the porches. Only some
green frogs and bullfrogs stay around the ponds all summer long.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:53 AM posted to rec.ponds

No one cares carol, not a single person cares what y9 have to
say.......they all know you lie and create the turmoils inthe various
aquaria groups.............get a life carol your sick. I own yu carol,
lock stock and barrel, I push the button and you comply.......you were
easier to train than my dodo bird.......I won CArol
Gulley........hahahahah. must suck to be carol gulley. Now dance to
that tune carol......pick them nasty feet up and dance you decrepit
trashy trailer ho, from the inner city dredges of NYC.....that
migrated with her carpet bag to TN....and still does not have any
"real" frieinds. Carol Gulley the attention ho and lieing scumbag.

WOW, just thnk I own CArol Gulley........

Anyone want to buy a useless piece of shit? For Sale one each
sterilized moron named Carol Gulley....CHEAP!

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:08:36 -0600, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

wrote in message
cast.net...
In , on 02/28/07

-------
Old 06-03-2007, 12:50 AM posted to rec.ponds

In , on 03/01/07
at 06:08 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself (wish
I could.)

====================
We have toads here every spring. After they breed in the ponds and plant
tubs they leave. The young toads leave the water and leave also.
Sometimes I spot one under the hosta leaves on the north side of the
house. Sometimes one or more will be in the cool shade under one of the
porches. Only some green frogs and bullfrogs stay around the ponds all
summer long. --

I'm in Maryland, and I want the native species of toad. I know they'll leave the pond area when grown up, but I'll know they're in the woods, and the neighbors' yards, and some should return the following spring to mate.

I long for my pre-disabled days when I could go hiking and catch whatever I wanted. I had no pond then - the pond is a post-disability thing (a neighbor put it in for me.)

Old 06-03-2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
.net...
In , on 03/01/07
at 06:08 PM, "Reel McKoi" said:

I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself
(wish
I could.)

====================
We have toads here every spring. After they breed in the ponds and plant
tubs they leave. The young toads leave the water and leave also.
Sometimes I spot one under the hosta leaves on the north side of the
house. Sometimes one or more will be in the cool shade under one of the
porches. Only some green frogs and bullfrogs stay around the ponds all
summer long. --

I'm in Maryland, and I want the native species of toad. I know they'll
leave the pond area when grown up, but I'll know they're in the woods, and
the neighbors' yards, and some should return the following spring to mate.

Are you sure they're not already where you live? If so they'll find your
pond to breed in. Toads are so shy during the day I wouldn't see them at
all if I didn't do much messing around outside on the property. Their color
and warty skin camouflages them so well.

I long for my pre-disabled days when I could go hiking and catch whatever
I wanted. I had no pond then - the pond is a post-disability thing (a
neighbor put it in for me.)

That was very nice of your neighbor. How large is this pond? Is it
filtered?

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.