Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Fish & Frogs

wrote in message
.net...
In , on 02/28/07
I'm always looking for toad tadpoles in the spring, but I haven't found
anyone to bring any to me. I can't go out and catch them by myself (wish
I could.)

We have toads here every spring. After they breed in the ponds and plant
tubs they leave. The young toads leave the water and leave also. Sometimes
I spot one under the hosta leaves on the north side of the house. Sometimes
one or more will be in the cool shade under one of the porches. Only some
green frogs and bullfrogs stay around the ponds all summer long.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.